Thursday 24 September 2009

Robbie Williams' perfume promo


Robbie Williams' new music video was divined by aftershave adverts.
The pop star needed the promo for 'Bodies' to examine different conspiracy theories, but caved in to his record label's demand to make it like a TV commercial for a fragrance.

The 35 year old singer said: "The song itself is a big conspiracy laden song. Its where my head's been for the last three years, on the internet watching films like 'Zeitgeist', 'The God That Wasn't There' and '9/11 Was An Inside Job'.
"But if I'd put that in the video, the public would have said, 'He's definitely gone mental'. So I said, 'What do you think we should do?' And my record company said, 'Let's do an aftershave advert', and I'm like, 'Cool!' "
Robbie's eighth studio album 'Reality Killed The Video Star' is due for release in November, but the star is upset people won't like his brand of pop this time around.
He told MTV News: "I don't know if people have got their ears on for me but I'm knocking at the door going, 'Do you want some of this again or not?'
"I'm alright if you don't like it or if you do. I think the next couple of months will define the rest of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment